Monday, April 12, 2010

Ya'll Got Bud Light on Tap?

Ok, so I'm sitting in a bar, by myself, downtown Nashville, waiting for the line dancing lessons to start. Yup, true story. Half of the fun and terror of moving to a new place where you don't know anyone if forcing yourself to go out and try new things, and inevitably you will come to a moment, much like I just have, when you look around and start to second guess your gumption and truly start to wonder if this was a good idea. But, battle through, you must. Who knows, maybe I'll make a friend, maybe ill get in a bar fight, maybe ill learn a dance step, but I will leave having proved to myself that I have the grit to get out of the house and face the country music, sans confidant, and I'm stronger for it. While I sit here drinking my Landshark beer (which is more like a Bud light than anything else) I see a sea of blue Kentucky Wildcats t shirts, Reba blairs on the loudspeaker, the soft southern twang of the bartender flutters over the noise, and I am reminded of how truly far from home I am. Maybe this will be a new home someday, but for tonight, all I have to do is try to learn a couple dance steps. I hope you are loving life and learning with each moment.
Xoxoxo-C

No comments: